Sunday, June 1, 2014

Day 5 - Sunday a day of kind of resting

Today the camp is a bit slower than it usually is during the 6 day work week. Some people are still out collecting samples, even in the rain. I've been alternating between napping and working, although my working is not going to be more than reading today. I've been working on some data gathering of my own, which is finding the actual end of the wireless signal around camp. I've also been dong some internet speed tests. Yesterday I rode the mountain bike out, although I didn't go far, to the end of the wireless from the road side of camp. Tomorrow I hope to get out on the "boardwalk" I.e. really long doc system, over the tundra to see where the internet ends on the experiment side of camp. If we can get signal roughly a mile out, we can provide wireless to about 56% of Toolik research plots.



That would open up opportunities for better data collection validity to start, as well as more immediate processing of data in the field, which could ultimately improve sampling planning, awareness and finally better models.

1 comment:

  1. Seems like you had a slow Sunday but after 5 days of being on a camp I guess it’s good to rest. Hope your camp goes well and you are able to form better models.

    ReplyDelete